Choosing a mover can be a daunting task. After scanning and skimming the reviews, comparing the rates and asking friends, the decision can still be quite difficult. Well, you've done the right thing to start off. You have done the research to understand the company's policies, screen for potential misunderstandings/problems that may occur and decide the level of service that works for you.
Some things you might consider doing before choosing a moving company:
1) Speak to friends about their experiences with movers. Create a list of potential movers.
2) Visit websites of the potential movers to understand the services they do/do not provide.
3) Review the "Terms and Conditions" or "Bill of Lading" on their site or request an email.
4) Read the "Frequently Asked Questions" on their website.
5) Read reviews on sites such as Homestars, Yelp, Kijiji and Google.
5) Contact the moving companies for quotes and gauge their response time.
6) Create a pros and cons list for the short-listed companies you may move with.
7) Contact your final choices and ask them if they are willing to provide any incentive or promotion for moving with them.
Good luck with your search!